Friday 13 November 2020

Multi-Hex Figures and Bombardment

 Multi-Hex Figures and Bombardment

One of my players asked me an interesting question - what happens to a multi-hex figure (p. B392) in an Area Effect attack with Bombardment (p. B111)? Can it really be hit only once? Should it be attacked once per hex it takes up? I have found nothing official on this matter, and apparently nobody has asked this question on the forums as well.

My suggested ruling:
1) Count the number of hexes the figure takes up in the affected area.
2) Look up this number in the Linear Measurement column of the Size and Speed/Range Table (p. B550).
3) The number in the Size column will be the effective Rate of Fire of the attack. Do not add a to-hit bonus for this effective Rate of Fire, just use it as a cap of how many hits are possible. I suggest assigning "virtual" Recoil 2 to Bombardment attacks, but maybe it could differ from attack to attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment