Thursday 18 April 2024

GURPS Monstrous Compendium

GURPS Monstrous Compendium

I rarely do that, because I feel very dirty after I shill my own stuff. On my Boosty, I decided to make some exlusive stuff for my supporters - a GURPS Monstrous Compendium based on the format you can see in the post below this one. The idea is to rework the standard GURPS statblock to make it more useful for the GM. With this format, the GM will have to flip through the books much less, and even when he has to do it, he will have page references to know exactly where to look. For now, the monsters are D&D conversions, but as always, they are not 100% identical to their original versions, as I always rework certain abilities and remove others. Systems are different, game assumptions are different, and some abilities make no sense in GURPS. However, we have to keep in mind that monster lore between different books and editions is different, and sometimes significantly so. Very often, you may encounter contraditions or retcons. For these monsters, I'm trying to do due diligence and combine all lore into a single monster entry. Of course, since contradictions are impossible to avoid, I have to choose what version I like more and sometimes even expand the information with stuff of my own making. So, don't use this manual as "100% D&D canon material," this is just my version.
At this point, there are only 5 monsters in this document:
- Ankheg
- Beholder
- Bralani
- Ghaele
- Stone Drake
Of course, this is a work-in-progress! You will notice some placeholder information that is subject to change in the future, and I definitely will expand it with new monsters in the future. I'm also contemplating creating a Discord server for discussion, suggestions, and perhaps even contributions to this effort. Thank you all for your support, and I hope you like this stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, is there another way to support your efforts - Boosty has stopped supporting PayPal and I'd rather not use direct bank details but I'd really like to help you with this labour of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, there isn't. But I understand your concern, I wouldn't trust Boosty with my own bank details myself (since it's my only option, I had to get a separate card specifically for it.)

      Delete